Sunday, December 10, 2006
Inglish - Indonesian English
What is Inglish? Well, simply, it should be Indonesian English. And Indonesia has many languages. So these funny sentences also come, at least, from some Java-based languages. I got these quotes from various sources:
Javelish The typical Javanese language: lho, lha, tho, kok, iki
- Lho, I already bought that book!
- Kok, buying again?
- I told you many times tho!
- Lha, I didn't know ... how iki?
- Don't be like that, no!?
Jakartenglish Jakarte English is marked by the exclamation words: sih, deh, dong, nih
- That book is very good, deh.
- Can you speak English? Yeah a little sih I can!
- Use my money first nih.
- Give me more dong.
- How sih? Little little angry.
Surobenglish is marked by tah and the famous remark diancuk
- "No fucking good" is translated as "No diancuk good"
- Do you feel sick, tah ?
Sundanglish is also available such as atuh, euy, mah
- Well, if that kind, it's pretty so-so atuh
- It can't be that way euy.
- I am mah, not like that ... but anything else